If you follow me on Instagram then you know I was in New York City last weekend for my cousin’s bridal shower! It was a quick weekend trip but my Mom and I made the most of our short visit. From Times Square to Chelsea and the Upper East Side, we covered some SERIOUS ground. My Mom has a Fitbit and one day we walked over 22,000 steps. I mean…. we were hauling haha. Some highlights of our trip included:
- Sipping Frosé + Broadway Show: We picked War Paint, the story of Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein, the first dealing CEO’s of the makeup industry. We really enjoyed it!
- Walking the Highline: You HAVE to do this! It’s a fun way to see the city from an elevated walkway that boasts greenery in every direction. I always love to see nature in the concrete jungle.
- Wondering through Chelsea: If we ever move to NYC, I think this is where I’d like to be haha. It’s adorable.
- Bridal Shower: We loved spending the afternoon with family to cheers to our bride-to-be! Her wedding is just two weeks away now and we can’t wait!
If you’ve followed along on here for awhile then you know my Dad is from the Bronx. Therefore, we’ve made trips annually to the City to see family and just to visit! He loves to play tour guide whenever we go, so I wanted to share his guide to his Manhattan with you:
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge & Brooklyn Heights
- Battery Park & Financial District (visit Fraunces Tavern- it’s very historical and amazing!)
- 5th Avenue: St. Patrick’s Cathedral & High-End Shopping (best at Christmas to see how all the windows are decorated!)
- 42nd Street: The New York Public Library (where Big leaves Carrie at the alter) as well as the Grand Central Station Terminal
- 59th Street: The Plaza Hotel & entrance to Central Park
Sometimes when I visit the City I think I could live there. But then I remember that the grass is always greener and the grass is really green where we live haha! Maybe someday Mack and I will take on the Big City but who knows! Anything’s possible, right?
What are your favorite things to do in the City?