I hope your holiday Monday is off to a great start! Per my schedule, today I want to share a few thing about myself so you all can get to know me better! I am going to do that quick and then shift the focus off of me because in a world that has quickly become a constant episode of The Real Housewives, I think we all need a break from looking to ourselves.
In the spirit of #lmrsp turning two, I wanted to do a post so new readers can have the opportunity to get to know me beyond my “About” page. Behind the photos, products and post content, I am just a mid-20 year old trying to figure out what my purpose in this world truly is. I am a wife, boutique manager by day, blogger by night, and dog mom! Here are some other fun facts:
- My eyeliner is literally never even- I see those memes of people trying to apply their eyeliner which eventually just becomes a very thick cat eye- that is me! Although I’ve learned over the years that it will never be symmetrical so I just leave it as is haha.
- I am a neat-freak (almost to a fault)- A self-proclaimed perfectionist, I’ve tried to tame it down in recent years. But to my college roommate, you know who you are, I am sorry for being uptight about you making your bed haha. (Don’t worry, me and my old roomie die laughing about this now!)
- My best friend in the entire world is also my cousin– Growing up I thought it was totally normal for everyone to have a cousin who was their same age that just happened to be their bestie. It took me a really long to figure out some people don’t have cousins in their age range, let alone a 20 minute drive away. My family, immediate and extended, is what I am most grateful for in this life.
- I attended an all-girls high school– I’ll just leave that right there. It wasn’t the best experience for me and it wasn’t the worst experience… but it did prepare me from an education standpoint for college. Even though I struggled with my grades there, every single day.
- I am terrible at Snapchat but love to watch other people– I am trying to up my Snapchat game (username: lmrsp) but haven’t quite mastered it yet. People I love to watch daily are Emily Ann Gemma (username: emilyanngemm) and Katey McFarlan (username: kateymcfarlan).
- Currently on repeat on my Spotify is this song here– I love Of Monsters and Men and also Florence and the Machine. Although, I also listen to country and workout strictly to people like The Weeknd, The Chainsmokers and Twenty One Pilots.
Now, to the part about me shifting focus away from myself haha (you’re probably thinking this post is super contradictory- I have a point, I swear). Over the weekend, I read the most recent issue of Good Grit Magazine. In this issue, the magazine highlighted Dana Spinola, Founder & CEO of Fab’rik, an Atlanta based clothing boutique that now has numerous locations. In the opening Editor’s Letter she reveals, “I found that passion can turn a little selfish without purpose.” Hence, she created a place where underprivileged women have the opportunity to shop for free, without the pressure of price tags, to remind and instill in them confidence and the message of grace. As the magazine puts it, she created something where, “shopping is simply the vehicle for creating a sanctuary of fellowship.” I mean, is that not the coolest thing you’ve ever heard? Alas, through pursuing her passion she discovered her purpose.
Personally, I feel like I am in the phase where my passion is, in fact, selfish. I think I’ve always kinda known this, especially regarding my blog (sometimes I think why do people care what I am wearing and what I have to say). And other days, like today, I feel like I really have something to share. I was inspired by her message and realization to make giving back a priority. How do we couple our passions into something more purpose driven and impactful? I think most of us are still trying to figure out exactly what IT (our purpose) is. But in thinking about it, and realizing perhaps that we are selfish in our passion right now, we may be able to realize what it is that we can do with it sooner rather than later.
Have the best day! Thank you so much for stopping by today.