In case this month has already gotten ahead of you, Valentine’s Day is tomorrow which means not even Amazon Prime can help now! I am only kidding but a true believer in the fact that gifts are not the only way to show thoughtfulness. Therefore, with just hours until the day made for lovers, I wanted to share some fun and inexpensive ways to surprise your love this Valentine’s Day! If you’ve not already thought of something, take a note from this post and understand that women honestly only care about time spent together. Nothing else in the world matters! Here are 5 inexpensive ideas to show some love this Valentine’s Day:
- Write a Card: Your significant other will more than appreciate a well thought-out, hand-written card expressing what he/she means to you. Some may think that a simple card is not enough but if the words written come from the heart than I certainly think that’s better than any gift out there!
- Cook Dinner: Date night dinners are always expensive. Throw in the fact that it’s Valentine’s Day and every restaurant turns to a fixed menu with a very pricey bill attached to it. Forgo this option that will derail any monthly budget and opt to stay in! Cook together or surprise the other with their favorite meal. If I am being honest, Mack and I are skipping Valentine’s Day dinner for the simple fact that This is Us is on and we have to see what happens between Kevin and Sophie! Is anyone else with me on that?!
- Bake a Special Treat: If your husband or wife has a favorite sweet treat that you haven’t made in awhile, this is the perfect occasion. I know I can NEVER turn down baked goods haha and neither will they!
- Display an Unexpected Act of Kindness: Each relationship is different and has many daily factors that play into that relationship. Think of something that the other person really needs and give them that. For example, I am not a Mom but I would imagine that all a new Mom wants to do is have an hour to take a bath and unwind. Prepare a nice bath and let her relax! This can go either way but no one knows your significant other like you do! I know you can think of something special.
- Do something you both enjoy: In the big scheme of things, Tuesday is just another day and like I said at the start of this post, all that matters is time spent together. Take a long walk, go on a bike ride, attend a workout class together, just be intentional and it will be appreciated. And don’t forget to wish him/her, “Happy Valentine’s Day” on Tuesday morning (that way they won’t think you forgot!).
In conclusion, I would advise first that you write a card AND do another item from the suggested list. And for the record, I ran out of time to bake cookies and therefore made a Whole Foods run for these cookies. They are $4 and so cute! Nothing sweeter than that, even as a last-minute idea for a loved one.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy early Valentine’s Day!