With Valentine’s Day just two days away, time is of the essence in the gift department. Luckily for you, not all gifts have to be purchased. Rather, sometimes the “sweetest” gifts are those that are baked. If any of you watch This Is Us, which I suspect you do- run to the closest grocery store like Rebecca did for Jack on his birthday and get to baking. This easy recipe is not only delicious, it’s paleo. Here’s how to make this delicious chocolate cookie bar:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup almond butter
1/3 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda and salt
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and honey
4. Add almond butter into the wet mixture and mix well
5. Add walnuts and chocolate chips into wet mixture and mix well
6. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until it thickens
7. Pour final mixture into an 8×8 greased baking pan, smoothing out to even
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown
This can tailored for any holiday (I also made this for Mack’s birthday in December by adding sparkler birthday candles)! For the purposes of Valentine’s Day, simply use heart shaped cookie cutters and voila! You have a sweet treat to share with your Valentine. Display on a festival plate and cake stand and it’s all roses come Wednesday. Add a heartfelt hand-written card for extra sentiment!
How do you plan to spoil your love this week?
Editor’s Note: For the record, this is not my recipe and I can’t even take credit for finding it. My Mother-in-Law came to town and made this for Mack and I. We make it every single week now! It kicks our sweet craving at night without being totally unhealthy and full of sugar. Here’s the original source of the recipe for your reference.